Campaign of the Month: February 2017
|Trait Increase||Cost||New Trait||Cost|
|Attribute||new dot x 4||Ability||3|
|Ability, Favored||(new dot x 2) – 1||Epic Attribute, Favored||8|
|Ability, Unfavored||new dot x 2||Epic Attribute, Unfavored||10|
|Virtue||new dot x 3||Knack||tier x 5|
|Willpower||new dot x 2||Boon, Favored Purview||dot x 4|
|Epic Attribute, Favored||new dot x 4||Boon, Unfavored Purview||dot x 5|
|Epic Attribute, Unfavored||new dot x 5||Boon, PSP||dot x 4|
|Arete, Favored Ability||dot x 3|
Order of Attack
- Declare Attack: The attacker’s player states that the character is attacking and what Boon or knacks (if any) he will use to enhance the attack. This is the opportunity to call for a stunt vote.
- Declare Defense: The defender defends using best option of Parry or Dodge DV, unless he declares otherwise. The defender’s player must declare the use of any defensive Boons or knacks. Defending can also be stunted.
- Attack Roll vs. Defense: The attacker’s player rolls the dice pool that governs the method of attack used at a difficulty of (base difficulty + target’s DV). Epic Dexterity successes add to this roll. An attacker may spend Legend for her player to reroll an attack roll in this step. A defender may also spend Legend for his player to make a defensive do-over.
- Calculate Raw Damage: If the attack hits, it has a raw damage equal to (weapon’s Damage + attacker’s Strength + threshold successes + 1). Effects modifying the raw damage of an attack apply accordingly.
- Roll Damage, Apply Soak: Roll dice equal to the raw damage of the attack. Next, remove the target’s appropriate soak rating from the damage of the attack. Apply post-soak successes as health levels of the appropriate type of damage to the defender.
- Apply Results: Any non-damage effects of an attack occur at this stage.